- Bachelor’s Degree
- Application Processing (ISBE)
- Background Check (South Cook)
The application process consists of multiple steps.
- Create an account in the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS)
- Pay for and complete your application for a Substitute Teacher License at the South Cook Intermediate Service Center (SCISC), 253 Joe Orr Road, Chicago Heights, IL.
- Send your Official Sealed Transcripts to SCISC at 253 Joe Orr Road, Chicago Heights, IL. 60411
- Schedule a background check at SCISC at 708-754-6600
- Bring Driver’s License, Money Order for $55.00 and Health Physical to South Cook for your appointment
Once your license has been issued, your background check has been cleared, and you have submitted your health results to South Cook they will contact you and you will be issued a Substitute Teacher Authorization Letter.
For additional information about becoming a substitute teacher, please take a look at the How-To videos posted at: http://bit.ly/southcooklicensure
Once you have received the Substitute Teacher Authorization Letter please contact email@example.com or call 708-952-4290 for any questions and to complete the process of becoming registered to fill substitute teaching vacancies for Oak Lawn-Hometown School District 123.
In efforts to reduce the substitute teacher shortage, ISBE is now offering a reimbursement of application and registration fees to qualifying applicants.
- Your Sub issuance date must be later than July 1, 2017
- You must work at least 10 full school days within one year of your issuance date
- You must apply for the reimbursement within 18 months of your issuance date
To receive a reimbursement complete this form and return it to:
Applicants need 1 of the 4 options below to qualify for the Paraprofessional Certification. The complete application process is done on the Illinois State Board of Education Website.
- Associate or Higher Degree
- 60 College Semester Hrs.
- ETS Paraprofessional Assessment with an official score report of 460 or higher
- ACT WorkKeys Assessment with the following scores:
- Applied Math – 4
- Reading for Information – 4
- Writing/Business Writing – 3
If you have any questions or would like more information please go to this link and watch the how-to-videos:
If you qualify for a Paraprofessional license
For additional information about applying for the license please take a look at the how-to-videos posted at: http://bit.ly/southcooklicensure
Once you have completed the above requirements, you will also need to apply with the links posted above. Please contact Debra Lathus, the substitute coordinator via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-952-4290 for any questions and to complete the process of becoming an Oak Lawn-Hometown School District 123 paraprofessional.