The continued health and safety of the entire District 123 learning community remains our top priority. This page will provide a collection of Resources, Plans, and Metrics to the District 123 community has we continue to navigate this global pandemic.
Trimester 3 Instructional Options
District 123 remains committed to reviewing pandemic conditions on a daily basis. The District is excited that many of the circumstances around the pandemic are showing improvement locally and throughout the State of Illinois. This is allowing for an expansion of in-person instruction for the 3rd Trimester. Listed below is a basic description of the instructional programming options for families during Trimester 3.
OPTION # 1 – Hybrid “Transitional” Learning
- In-Person Classes 8:25a-3:20p
- Phase 1 – March 2 – April 1: Alternating Day Hybrid (35-40% Student Capacity)
- Phase 2 – April 7 – April 30: Blended approach using both Hybrid (35-40% Student Capacity) and Full-day (70-80% Student Capacity) Options
- Phase 3 – May 3 – June 4: Full 5-Day Week Programing (70-80% Student Capacity)
- Students choosing the Hybrid/Transitional model will remain in their current “A” or “B” cohort groups.
- Please see the Trimester 3 Hybrid “Transitional” Learning Calendar to review the schedule for in-person sessions.
- All COVID-19 public health and safety measures that have been exercised in the past will continue.
- Program progression is contingent on COVID-19 conditions this spring. Any dramatic changes to the public health landscape may result in adjustments to this transitional plan, similar to our “Adaptive Pause” that was exercised in December as we experienced a heightened resurgence of the virus.
OPTION # 2 – Full-time Remote Learning
- A minimum of 2.5 hours of remotely delivered live instruction
- Additional teacher-supported and independent opportunities
- Daily attendance expectation
- Mon-Fri 8:25a-3:20p
Families should complete the commitment form in Skyward by Sunday, February 21, 2021.
If families do not make a choice, student(s) will remain in their current instructional program.
The District 123 school community has been fully immersed in reopening collaborations and planning since May 2020. At the July 21, 2020 District 123 Committee of the Whole Meeting, administration presented the “Together Again – Return to School Plan” to the Board of Education. The plan offers the students, staff, and families of District 123 the safest and most effective in-person re-entry to the 2020-2021 school year and has incorporated the entire community’s voice as a foundational element. The primary goals of the plan are to maintain:
1. The health and safety of all students and staff
2. A “slow and smart” approach for the return of all students
3. Contingencies for various shifts in the public health landscape
4. Flexibility based on guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
5. Multiple instructional options to all District 123 families
Any questions or concerns can be sent to WeGotThis@d123.org
Additionally, Superintendent Dr. Paul Enderle shared the plan with the community on July 22, 2020 during the Facebook “Lunchtime Live.” The recording of the presentation can be found below.