July 1, 2021 – The Board vacancy application window has now closed. Those that have submitted applications will be contacted during July.
June 15, 2021 – The Oak Lawn-Hometown School District 123 must appoint a new Board member within 60 days to fill a board vacancy from a recent resignation. District 123 will immediately begin an open application process for any qualified community member that would like to serve the children of the Oak Lawn-Hometown community in this capacity.
School District 123 is now accepting applications to fill this vacancy on the Board of Education. The appointed Board member will serve the remainder of Ms. Theresa Roche’s term until the April 2023 election. All applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021
The mission of Oak Lawn-Hometown School District 123 is “Preparing today’s learner for tomorrow’s world” and the vision of the school district is, “A dynamic and supportive environment that ignites lifelong learners who embrace diversity and contribute positively to our community and global society.” Candidates should show familiarity with the strategic plan and board policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a School Board and a School Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest parameters, ethics requirements, and knowledge of gift ban policies.
Interested candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of Illinois and reside within District 123 boundaries for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment
- Be a registered voter
- Not be a child sex offender
- Not hold another incompatible public office
- Not have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District
- Not be a school trustee
- Not hold certain types of prohibited State or Federal employment.
Applicants with questions about the application process can contact Colette Condon, administrative assistant to the superintendent, by email (email@example.com) or phone (708-423-0150) before June 30, 2021.
Qualified applicants should submit application materials to Mrs. Condon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5PM on June 30, 2021. The email should include the following information:
- Updated resume, including full name, address of residency within District 123;
- Contact information including email address and phone number;
- And written confirmation that the above qualifications have been met.
The Board will review all submitted applications and begin a selection process in July with the intention to fill the vacancy by vote no later than early August, 2021.