April 9, 2020 – The following is a letter that was sent from Superintendent Paul Enderle to the District123 community regarding recent school closure and coronavirus information.
School Closure Update for April 9, 2020
Thank you for another great week of Remote Learning at District 123!
Words cannot express my continued pride and gratitude for what we have accomplished so far. I would like to personally thank our entire community for pulling together to care for one another. Additionally, we value each opportunity to work together and ensure that our children have access to high-quality learning opportunities throughout this unprecedented time. We are proud to have:
- Served 24,948 Grab & Go Meals
- Engaged nearly 80% of our students each day
- Participated in over 3,220 virtual meetings with students and staff
- Received 721 responses to our first Remote eLearning Survey
- Collected over 450 cards and art projects for First Responders and Healthcare workers
- Served 7,653 unique users on the eLearning.d123.org remote learning resource site
- Donated 5,440 essential items to First Responders and Health Care Providers
- Created countless videos for our learning community including…
As a reminder, Grab & Go Meal pickup will not be available on Friday, April 10 or Monday, April 13. Families should have received extra meals today during meal pickup.
As we move further into our new Remote Learning reality, it is my sincere privilege to share D123’s Remote Learning Guidance Document with you. This plan was created as a collaborative effort between District 123 administration, teachers, families, and our union partners in an attempt to merge ISBE’s Remote Learning guidance with our district’s core principles and beliefs. The plan was informed by input and feedback from various advisory committees and community surveys that engaged countless District 123 families, students, and staff members.
I remain steadfast in our belief that when we emerge from this public health crisis we will become a stronger and more connected District 123 learning community. I wish everyone a safe and healthy upcoming weekend. We are all in this together and we will get through this together; our unity and compassion as educators, families and community members is fundamental to our continued success.
Paul J. Enderle